- The half marathon is tomorrow. I feel much better about my potential to run this race strong since I finally made the concrete decision that I would run it and not drop down to the 10K instead. I have done 2 short, easy runs this week as part of my taper: a 2 miler on the treadmill on Tuesday and a 3 miler in the neighborhood last night. My plan tomorrow is to take it way easy on the pace, take a substantial walk break at each aid station, which are supposed to be 1.5 to 2 miles apart, and just enjoy the weather and the fact that I am finally getting to run this distance that has been a goal of mine for a while now.
- My in-laws are coming into town this weekend. My MIL hasn't seen Eva since the end of January and my FIL hasn't seen her since Valentine's, so I know they are going to be surprised at how big Eva has gotten and how much personality she has developed in the past couple of months.
- Today I ordered my bridesmaid's dress for my sister's upcoming nuptials on Memorial weekend. Provided I like the dress and it fits well, then I just have to figure out shoes. I think I am going to go with a pale pink, open toe pump to compliment the graphite color of the dress.
- I have been breastfeeding Eva since she was born and today is her 5 month birthday. I am kind of surprised at myself for being successful with breastfeeding and hanging in there this long. While I do enjoy it and the bond that it has given me and Eva, the fact that I work full time and must pump at least 2 times a day is wearing on me. I am considering starting the weaning process and I think I will do this gradually by replacing one feeding/pumping session with a bottle of formula each day for a week, until we are down to all formula while I am at work and nursing while I am at home. My original goal was to breastfeed until Eva turned 6 months old. We are one month shy of that goal but by the time I have her switched over to formula in my absence, she'll be right around 6 months. I don't think I am ready to completely wean her from nursing, so I think that taking away the workday pumping and nursing sessions will be a good way to cut back without having to give it up entirely. I have not set a date to actually start this transition though. Come to think of it, this topic will warrant a lengthier post at a later date.
- I sure could use a vacation. And by vacation, I mean a trip to a warm place with a beach, a swimming pool, and a bar.
- The weather is finally warming up and I realize now, as I have about a million items of clothing piled up in the laundry room waiting for me to put them away, that I need to switch out my fall/winter clothes for my spring/summer ones. Seeing as I can't even set aside the time I need to put the current laundry away after its washed, I am not sure when I'll dedicate the time necessary to switch out my closet and drawers. I am tempted to donate it all and start over with all new clothes. BUT, Kyle and I are working on Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace plan and I think Dave would have something to say about that.
Random List of Thoughts
Today, I don't have one particular topic I want to write about, so here is a random list of things I am thinking about.