Random List of Thoughts

Today, I don't have one particular topic I want to write about, so here is a random list of things I am thinking about.

  1. The half marathon is tomorrow.  I feel much better about my potential to run this race strong since I finally made the concrete decision that I would run it and not drop down to the 10K instead.  I have done 2 short, easy runs this week as part of my taper: a 2 miler on the treadmill on Tuesday and a 3 miler in the neighborhood last night.  My plan tomorrow is to take it way easy on the pace, take a substantial walk break at each aid station, which are supposed to be 1.5 to 2 miles apart, and just enjoy the weather and the fact that I am finally getting to run this distance that has been a goal of mine for a while now. 
  2. My in-laws are coming into town this weekend.  My MIL hasn't seen Eva since the end of January and my FIL hasn't seen her since Valentine's, so I know they are going to be surprised at how big Eva has gotten and how much personality she has developed in the past couple of months. 
  3. Today I ordered my bridesmaid's dress for my sister's upcoming nuptials on Memorial weekend.  Provided I like the dress and it fits well, then I just have to figure out shoes.  I think I am going to go with a pale pink, open toe pump to compliment the graphite color of the dress. 
  4. I have been breastfeeding Eva since she was born and today is her 5 month birthday.  I am kind of surprised at myself for being successful with breastfeeding and hanging in there this long.  While I do enjoy it and the bond that it has given me and Eva, the fact that I work full time and must pump at least 2 times a day is wearing on me.  I am considering starting the weaning process and I think I will do this gradually by replacing one feeding/pumping session with a bottle of formula each day for a week, until we are down to all formula while I am at work and nursing while I am at home.  My original goal was to breastfeed until Eva turned 6 months old.  We are one month shy of that goal but by the time I have her switched over to formula in my absence, she'll be right around 6 months.  I don't think I am ready to completely wean her from nursing, so I think that taking away the workday pumping and nursing sessions will be a good way to cut back without having to give it up entirely.  I have not set a date to actually start this transition though.  Come to think of it, this topic will warrant a lengthier post at a later date.
  5. I sure could use a vacation.  And by vacation, I mean a trip to a warm place with a beach, a swimming pool, and a bar. 
  6. The weather is finally warming up and I realize now, as I have about a million items of clothing piled up in the laundry room waiting for me to put them away, that I need to switch out my fall/winter clothes for my spring/summer ones.  Seeing as I can't even set aside the time I need to put the current laundry away after its washed, I am not sure when I'll dedicate the time necessary to switch out my closet and drawers.  I am tempted to donate it all and start over with all new clothes.  BUT, Kyle and I are working on Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace plan and I think Dave would have something to say about that. 
That's all I've got for now.  Wish me luck tomorrow.  And Kyle too--he is running his first 10K race tomorrow as well.

2 comments:

  1. how did the half marathon go?? Great job on nursing even with working. That has got to be a challenge and you have done so well with it! I need a vacation too - long overdue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks N.D.! I just posted a long race report regarding the half. Took me a while to get it written up and pix added in.

    ReplyDelete