I am back!

Things have been super busy for me the past week or so. 

Last week was Eva's first week in daycare and it went well over all.  However, it has taken some adjustment to get used to the new schedule of having to get Eva ready for the day in addition to ourselves and get her to daycare and us to work on time each day.  I got a haircut on Tuesday that I noticed seemed a little lopsided on Thursday and had to run to the hairdresser to get it fixed on Friday after work.  Also, my check engine light came on in my car and I had to get that checked out too (seems to just be a false alarm--got it reset).  Kyle had a big audit at work and he had to take Napoleon (our oldest Min-Pin) to the vet a couple of times for a check up and a teeth cleaning.

My trip to Chicago was Saturday and of course, I didn't pack anything early, so I spent the rest of Friday night after Eva went to bed getting myself packed for the trip.  I realized that I really need to do a major clean out of my closet as I have a lot of clothes that I have had for years and never wear.  I am tired of packing them up and then bringing them out every season just to let them sit. 

Saturday morning I flew to Chicago to meet up with my sister and the other ladies who are attendants in her wedding that will be at the end of this month for some bachelorette festivities.  I have never been to Chi-town before and I really liked it.  I definitely want to go back and do some sightseeing.

I am the only one of our group that flew into Midway so I took the train ALL BY MYSELF to meet up with them at our hotel in downtown Chicago.  Even though I missed at stop and had to go back the other direction on a different train at one point, I am pretty proud of myself for navigating mass transit in a new city all alone.  Kansas City doesn't have a train system, so I have little experience with it other than when I have been with others visiting different cities. 

Our hotel was very nice and we spent the day eating and shopping, relaxing, and ended the night at Howl at the Moon so my sister could get a proper bachelorette shout out.  Our companion was Sexy Steve and I am pretty sure that the party wouldn't have been the same without him!

The lovely ladies participating in the bachelorette weekend

Sexy Steve

Me and my little sister


Unfortunately, Eva ended up getting sick and coming down with a fever on Saturday night, while I was out of town.  This wasn't a huge surprise, seeing as she just completed her first week in daycare but I was still a little upset that I wasn't at home to take care of her.  Kyle did a great job though and even though she was still sick when I got back home on Sunday afternoon, she was in one piece and all smiles so I told him he was allowed to watch her again in my absence...that is if I ever left her again which is debatable!

I didn't get back to KC as early as I planned because of a 3 hour flight delay in Chicago.  With Eva sick, I stayed home with her during the day on Monday and only went into work a few hours in the evening once Kyle got home.  Yesterday, she was still spiking a fever and seemed to be worse with a running nose and cough, so I called the dr's office to see if it was necessary to bring her in.  The nurse suggested we have her checked out, so Kyle and I took off work early to take her to the doctor.  We had to wait over an hour for the doctor only to be told that it was a viral infection and would need to run its course.  After the doctor's office, we got groceries (we hadn't been the grocery store in 2 weeks) and came home and had dinner.  Once we got Eva to sleep, we got a little bit of housework done (as that hasn't been done in about 2 weeks either.  And barely any laundry for that matter).  Then it was time for bed!  No rest for the weary.

I kept Eva home again today (thank goodness our neighbor Angie is willing and available to watch Eva this week) and I hope that she's feeling good enough to go to daycare tomorrow.  It sucks that we have to pay for this whole week of daycare and she hasn't even been once!  I am off on Friday but I may take Eva up there for the morning in order to get some things done around the house and go on a run.

Because yeah, with all this stuff going on, I haven't been on a run in nearly a week. 

So that's my life this past week in a nutshell.  Hectic, busy, and stressful.  I hope next week and boring and uneventful!

Update: I was all ready to post this blog yesterday but ended up coming down with Eva's crud so I am home sick today :(

2 comments:

  1. this is really busy!!! Glad you had a good time in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at Howl at the Moon as well as the Hangge Uppe. I loved Chicago!!! Sounds like I just missed you as I was there starting Sunday. That town never sleeps!! Hope you all are doing better!

    ReplyDelete