The Plague of 2011

The Plague of 2011 has swept through our household taking me, Kyle, and Eva down with fevers, congestion, coughing, sore throat, general lethargy and discomfort, and even pink eye! 

Whatever bug that Eva picked up at daycare spread to me on Wednesday and to Kyle on Friday.  Even our neighbor/backup sitter Angie fell ill from just 2 days of watching Eva last week. 

Eva has been to the doctor 3 times now.  The first time was last Tuesday and we were told that she just had a virus that needed to run its course.  Then on Friday, I took her back due to what looked like pink eye in both eyes.  She did have an eye infection AND the croup, which I hadn't noticed was a problem because I didn't recognize the cough.  Thankfully the nurses and doctor caught it while we were there to have her eyes checked.  She went again today because she has finished her medication for the cough but still has the cough.  Turns out, now it looks like she has the makings of an ear infection so she is now on anti-biotics.  She seems to feel fine for the most part and she hasn't really had any fevers the past few days, but she certainly hasn't been herself and have been overly fussy.  Some of that I attribute to teething though.

As for me and Kyle, I am finally starting to feel a little more human today, but Kyle is going to the doctor.  We have had some wicked congestion and sinus pressure the past 3 or 4 days.  I woke up today with noticeably less pressure so I think I'll 100% in a few days.  Kyle has had the congestion spread into his chest though, so he's still feeling pretty lousy and thought it best to see a doctor.

I sure will be glad when we are all feeling better.  The weather is turning so nice and I can't wait to get outside to enjoy it.  I am ready to get back into a running routine as well.  It's such a shame to have a gorgeous warm,sunny day happening outside when you feel terrible and can do nothing but lay around and mope inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment