Sunday 3 Miler

Yesterday, I finally felt like a human being again and despite a little bit of head congestion issues, I decided to get back in the saddle and go for a run.  Of course, the weather while I was sick was beautiful, sunny, and warm and now that I feel better, it is cooler and cloudier.  Oh well, thems the breaks.

I planned to do 3 miles on a tried and true, straightforward route in my neighborhood.  I had no desire to push it, I just wanted to get out there for a decent run.  I maintained a steady pace of approximately 11:25 minute miles and came home pretty happy with myself for getting out there. 

I can't wait to put in some more miles this week.  My goal is to work back up to an average of 20 to 25 miles a week.  That was what I used to run before I got pregnant and I think my speed will improve if I can get back in the habit of putting that amount of mileage.

It is safe to say that Eva and I are both out of the woods and finally feeling 100% better.  Kyle on the other hand...well he's still dealing with some sinus pressure and congestion.  He usually has seasonal allergy issues though, and I think that it hindering his progress.  I know he is tired of being sick, so I hope he feels better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Good job getting out there.

    ReplyDelete