Father's Day Weekend

We had a really nice Father's Day weekend around our house.  I asked Kyle if it was the best Father's Day he'd ever had and he said yes, so I call it SUCCESS!

On Friday night, we went out to eat at the mexican place down the street.  We loaded Eva up in her stroller and walked down, and sat out on the patio for our meal.  When we got home, we put Eva to bed and played Rock Band for a while.  We hadn't played in a while, but it was loads of fun.  I also finished the Tina Fey book before bed.

Saturday morning, I actually had to run up to work to let everyone in.  The power had gone out during a bad storm overnight, so the security system wasn't reading anyone's keycard.  I got the call around 8am and ran up there, let everyone in, figured out the power and computer situation, then headed home around 9.  Kyle and Eva were up when I got back so we had breakfast and walked down to the local farmer's market to get a couple of things.  Later, Kyle went to hit some golf balls at the driving range while Eva and I went to Price Chopper to get some groceries. 

Then we took Eva to the pool for her first swim.  The water was kind of cool, so she didn't want to get in too deep, but she seemed to really enjoy kicking and splashing in the water and watching the other kids play.  She took about an hour nap, first on me, then on my lounge chair next to me in the middle of our pool visit.  But when she awoke, she was ready for more splashing.

After showering, we went to a Corks and Canvas wine and art walk in our little downtown area (we live in a suburb of Kansas City and our small downtown area is trying to revitalize).  While it was a nice little excursion with some interesting art to look at, Kyle and I decided they needed more "cork" than what was available and we both wished there was some food vendors.  We stayed for about 30 minutes and then went home to grill some brats for supper and relax.

Sunday morning, Eva presented Kyle with the card I made for him on her behalf using an online stationary site called Tiny Prints .  It featured a cute little Father's Day poem and 3 of Eva's most recent photos.  I made Kyle some eggs and bacon for breakfast and he went to golf 9 holes while Eva stayed home with me and napped.  When he got back, I went for a very hot and humid 5.5 mile run.  It was a good run, but I had to walk a bit of the last mile due to the heat.  I should have gone earlier in the day, but I enjoyed our semi-lazy morning so the run got done when it got done. 

In the afternoon, we went down the Country Club Plaza to Blanc Burgers + Bottles and shared a delicious pepper crusted burger and black truffle fries.  SO GOOD!!!  Then we went home, called our Dads, and relaxed for the rest of the night.

Kyle wants a smoker for his Father's Day gift.  Unfortunately, we don't have the cash flow for that at the moment, so he is patiently waiting a month or so until we can afford to buy one.  I know he can't wait to get some ribs and brisket going on it!

So that was my busy but fun weekend.  I think this weekend we'll focus on some projects around the house that we have been putting off and I hope to get a couple more runs of 5 miles or more in as well.  We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment