MIA

I know I have been MIA for a little while.  My little sister got married in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia this past weekend, so I spent the last week or so making lists, doing last minute shopping, and mentally psyching myself up for taking Eva on her first long distance trip which included her first ever plane ride. 


Eva in Daddy's lap on the plane

She did great on the plane, the wedding was beautiful, and we had a nice time visiting with family and spending time in such a beautiful place. 


Our cabin


My father walking my sister "down the aisle."


The ceremony in the wedding field.  It was gorgeous!

Kyle and I at the reception.
Eva and I at the reception.
We got home on Sunday evening, so we decided to just cook out some burgers and brats in our backyard for our Memorial Day celebration.  We have a kiddie pool that we've had for years now (I bought it originally thinking our dog Napoleon would like it but surprise! He doesn't like to swim).  So, we pulled out the pool, put some water in and got Eva all dolled up in her swimsuit and hat for some playtime in the water.  She loved it!





Now we are back to the daily grind.

I didn't get to do any running while away, but I did spend a lot of time hiking around the grounds of the resort farm (Montfair) where we stayed and where the wedding was held.



Monday morning, I did a 4-miler with the jogging stroller and last night I went on a quick 3-miler after Eva went to bed.  I was planning on doing some interval training tonight after Eva goes to sleep but I think we have some rain and thunderstorms moving in, so it will either be a rest day or a Zumba workout for me later on.

So that's the haps with me.  I plan to update more often now that I have this big event under my belt.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a great time! I had a great weekend and it was so fun seeing you guys and little Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look fantastic. Eva is adorable! Time away is the best.

    ReplyDelete