3 Miler and a Race on the Horizon

I am not going to complain about the heat, but I will state a fact about the heat.  Because it is unsafe to perform strenuous exercise in the temperatures that we have been experiencing in my area over the past couple of weeks, I have not been out to run as often as I would have had it not been consistently over 100 degrees with over 50% humidity every day.  There.  I hate winter, so I embrace the summer, heat index and all.

Regardless, I have been on a couple of 3 milers after Eva has gone to bed and I did a miserable 3.25 miles on the treadmill on Sunday.  I WILL complain about the treadmill because I hate running on it.  I like having one though because of the convenience.  I was planning to do a 4 miler Sunday but we were going to take Eva to get her pictures taken at JC Penney that afternoon and I was running out of time to finish my run and get showered and dressed, so I cut it short.  For your viewing pleasure here are a couple of pix of Eva from her photo shoot on Sunday.






That pink dress was mine when I was Eva's age and my Mom gave it to me at my baby shower last year with a portrait of me wearing it when I was around 6 months old.  I really like how the pictures turned out.  I know I am her mom but come on--how cute is she?

But I digress.  Yesterday, Kyle and I signed up for a 10K to be held in September and I am pretty psyched about it.  I have yet to run that distance in a race and I know I could finish it strong at my current fitness level.  So training for me is fun because I am just focusing on keeping in shape and trying to get a little faster.  Because of this, and because I am not having to run nearly as many miles per week as I was supposed to be when training for the half I did in April, I am enjoying the structure that my training plan is giving me for my workouts. 

I went on a 3 miler last night around 8 and even though it was still pretty warm and sticky out, I had a really, really good easy run.  I didn't take any music to listen to but I kind of just zoned out and gave some thought to some things that I have been wanting to mull over (nothing earth shattering or exciting, just stuff that's pertinent to things going on and things that need to be done).   Before I knew it, I was back home and drenched in sweat, feeling pretty good that I got out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a 10k! I want to sign up for one with Adam at some point. There is a five miler I would like to do in September. I feel like we could probably train for it in time. Good luck with your training! Looking forward to reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have all these pictures? DOnt forget to send us one or two :) What does eva like now? and what size is she?

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete