A Really Awesome Week and A Not-So-Awesome Week

I have been working on getting my weekly running mileage back up in to the 20-30 mile range, with no success for a while.  Even though I would plan to run about 5 days each week, usually I would only end up getting out there for about 3 days and rarely for more than 5 miles on any given run.

Until last week, that is.  For reasons I can't quite pinpoint, I was super motivated all week to get out and get some miles done.  I even got on the treadmill for an interval workout one rainy afternoon, which added 3.5 miles to my total for the week.  After all was said and done, I ticked off 22.5 miles last week, and I was so proud of myself for doing it.  It really wasn't that hard, and I remembered how I used to do this every week without batting an eye.

Then this week happened!  I really thought I had it figured out and I would be back in the groove to the extent that I could at least duplicate my mileage from last week.  But alas, I haven't run AT ALL. Insert frowny face here.  It has been a rough week for everyone and I just haven't had the time on some days and absolutely zero motivation on others.  I hope to get my mojo back this weekend, so we'll see.

I am trying not to be too hard on myself.  It takes a while to develop a habit, and one week of 20 + mileage is inadequate for instilling a habit.

In other news, Eva graduated from preschool and I finally finished watching the 7th season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.  So the week wasn't a complete bust!

EDIT: I did make it out for a 5 miler on Sunday, so the week was not completely lost.  The delay in posting was because I wanted to get a picture of Eva's preschool graduation for the blog, but I can't find what Kyle took at the ceremony on the cloud.  

Here a few pictures of the kids before Eva's preschool graduation program.




No comments:

Post a Comment